I'm a data science generalist with over a decade of experience collecting and modeling data for actionable insights.
I enjoy all aspects of the data science pipeline, from loading to modeling, and leverage the most simple solution possible to accomplish project goals, from simple serverless functions to kubeflow pipelines.
Senior Analytics Engineer, St. Louis Cardinals
cardinals.com , January 2020 to present
Director — Data Science and Analytics, Western Natural Resources
wnrllc.com , May 2019 to December 2019
Initial start-up team member, building out all data infrastructure and analytic capabilities to quickly process large scale acquisitions (> $1B) using precise analytical financial models.
Director — Engineering Technology, Echo Energy
echoenergy.com , May 2018 to May 2019
Lead data science techonlogy transformation for reservoir engineering and reserves.
- Implemented foundational ML/AI platform for use in capital deployment
- Built custom ETL processes handling data in high variety, volume, and velocity
- Automated business intelligence to give real time data to executive team
Engineer | Petrophysicist, American Energy Partners and Affiliates
April 2014 to May 2018
Petrophysicist and Reservoir Engineer focused on evaluations and acquisitions.
- Developed petrophysical algorithms to build multimineral models within python for quick/large scale applications
- Scripted Aries workflows for automation to reduce tasks from hours to minutes
- Automated well reporting for weekly reviews
- International exploration including Vaca Muerta and MacArthur Basin
- Unsupervised machine learning for electrofacies and numeric rock types
- Rate transient analysis for finding stimulated rock volume and well interference
- Monte Carlo simulation for sensitivities in reservoir properties, production, and financial models
- Matlab reservoir simulation from core scale to field scale
- 2017: Returned to Mid-Contentent evaluations at White Star Petroleum in Reservoir Engineering
- 2016: Transitioned to Reservoir Engineer at Sable Permian Resources
- 2015: Shifted focus to interational basins, leading Vaca Muerta evaluation and supporting MacArthur Basin
- 2014: Hired as Petrophysicist to cover Mid-Contentent basins
Scientist — Research, Chesapeake Energy Corporation
chk.com , December 2010 to April 2014
Scientist in the research group of the Reservoir Technology Center tasked with creating, building, and maintaining laboratory methods and equipment to determine porosity and permeability in unconvential resources.
- Designed and developed novel system to measure permeability and porosity at confining pressure
- Designed and built new steady state permeability system leveraging new technologies to measure samples previously unmeasured at Chesapeake
- Solved partial differential equations to model different transport phenomena
- History matched pressure and/or flow data
- Optimized system parameters for maximum efficiency
- Performed different error analyses for laboratory systems
- Coordinated research interests for joint industry projects
- Reservoir Engineering Research Institute @ Stanford University
- Shale Consortium @ University of Oklahoma
Master of Science — Data Science and Analytics
University of Oklahoma
2016 — 2019
Bachelor of Science — Chemical Engineering
University of Oklahoma
2006 — 2010